Intense pulse light can treat all parts of the body for hair reduction hair reduction and is achieved by debilitating hair follicle at the anagen or active phase of growth. This ensures a lack of regrowth from that site generally with no re-generation of hair from that area. However Hair follicles operate on different growth cycles in a rolling pattern of activity across the body. As other hairs move into their Anagen or rapid growth phase, the follow-up laser appointment will capture and disable them.
Each treatment will result in less hair coming back, with progressively lighter in color, finer, and slower-growing. To affect all the follicles growing in an area and achieve satisfactory clearance, between 4 to 8 treatments are required. Individual results vary depending on medical and genetic factors. Lighter colored hair can be treated but may require more treatments than darker colored hair.
IPL Hair Reduction FAQ’s
How does IPL get rid of my hair?
Our laser uses gentle light and electric energies to damage the hair follicle. This disables the follicle from growing hair, which means that gradually over several treatments, there is a permanent reduction in the amount of hair in that area.
Is treatment safe?
There are many advances in the technology that we use making it one of the safest hair removal systems available for all skin colors. There are no long term health hazards from light or electric energies used. The IPL has been used for decades in medicine, surgery, and aesthetics without adversity.
What type of results can I expect?
Every treatment will result in less hair coming back, as well as progressively lighter colored, finer, and slower-growing hair with each treatment. It takes more than 1 treatment to affect all the follicles growing in an area. Most people achieve satisfactory clearance after 4-8 treatments, but individual results vary depending on medical and genetic factors. Lighter colored hair may require more treatments than darker colored hair.
How frequently do I need treatment?
The treatments are usually performed every 1-2 months, but this depends on individual factors that the clinician will discuss with you during consultation.
Does the treatment hurt?
The sensation is often described as hot pinch, or snapping feeling and lasts only for fraction of a second. You may feel warmth or a tingling sensation which is offset with the cooling device. Most people tolerate treatment without any topical anesthetic cream.
What happens after each treatment?
Temporary pinkness in the skin lasts a very short time, and usually people return to work or normal activities immediately after treatment. The treated area will shed some hairs over the next 3-4 weeks, and there may be a period of hairlessness in the area while you wait for your next treatment.
Who should get treatment for Hair Removal?
Anyone who wants a solution to shaving, waxing, plucking, or electrolysis. There are a few medical conditions that contraindicate people from treatment which will be discussed with the clinician during consultation.
Important Pretreatment Consideration
- Although enhanced body image is often culturally encouraged, it is important to have realistic expectations.
- We are qualified surgeon-technologist
- A preliminary interview will answer all your questions till you are comfortable that your needs are understood.
- Your treatment will cover an elongated period of time, under the care of qualified professional
- Literature and/or written summary with regards to what you should expect during treatment will be given you together with the estimated cost
- For a period prior to your laser hair removal you should refrain from waxing, using tweezers or undergo electrolysis to remove hair
- Clipping or shaving of hair in the week prior to treatment is acceptable.
- The number of treatment areas and quantity of hair determines the overall timing for your laser hair removal procedure.
- Commitment to a schedule of follow-up treatment over the subsequent weeks and months until the desired results have been fully achieved will be required.
- Light hair is more difficult to remove than dark hair however light skin is easier and faster to treat than dark skin.
- In order to maximize patient’s health and safety as well as interphase with the varying hair follicle growth rates, the schedule for laser hair removal service intervals from 1-month to 3-month period.